Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Farming in Massachusetts?

I was driving to Bubbling Brook today to get some ice cream. The building has been standing since the 1800's and has been a restaurant for almost as long. If you're ever in Westwood MA during the summer it's an excellent spot to get some fried calms and onion rings followed by a soft serve twist or a hard stacked waffle cone. On the way there I was delayed by a slow moving vehicle in the road. Normally I would have been pissed off, tailgating perhaps, beeping, cursing under my breath and shaking my fist. After a month in VT I kept my distance, drove slow, and marvelled at the fact that a piece of agricultural machinery was braving the road so close to Boston. Something tells me the other commuters did not share in my revelry. If only they knew just how depleted our foodshed really is.



No comments:

Post a Comment